.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I.K.bot

Ivan Kirigin's views on Robotics & Culture: future. perfect. progress.

Friday, December 02, 2005

Big Dog

In a previous post I just mentioned Big Dog, a 4-legged robotic mule. Last time I tried to download the video, it was cutoff without my realizing it. Now I've seen the entire thing, and I encourage you to check it out!



I'm told there is a stereo sensor head. You would need to do some excellent obstacle avoidance. The human control scheme is the most interesting aspect to me (mainly because I don't know much about legs). Do you use a joystick & line-of-sight? How about tele-operation? Would you need to stabilize the video feed?

I've worked on perception for a similar platform, RHEX, so I'd be interested in seeing what they're planning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home