.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

I.K.bot

Ivan Kirigin's views on Robotics & Culture: future. perfect. progress.

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

The LUCAS CPR bot

Katrina will probably make people desire more self-sufficiency. A bot like this that does CPR would help. I would imagine adding a touch screen and mobility would allow for a home health care bot, first used for the elderly. It could remind you to take your pills, contain an expert system to ask about possible drug combinations (e.g. "can I take aspirin with my heart medication?"), and save your life by performing CPR or defibrillation.



Generally, I'm surprised the first step hasn't been achieved, e.g. MS Doctor, a cheap expert medical system with a simple interface. Add froogle and a recommendation system, and I would have liked to ask it questions like "Do omega-3 fatty acids work, and what is the best place to get them?", or "Describe the most recommended LASIC procedures in my area".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home